Infusing a new ingredient in your everyday meal can spice the taste and it won’t feel monotonous anymore. Avocados might not be as tasty to everyone and some changes might enhance the taste.
Let’s say we add a new ingredient to avocado that has many benefits for us. People will for sure try it because no matter the taste there is an infusion that is healthy and beneficial in certain ways. No, not talking about spice but plant’s extracts that reduce stress and anxiety.
Well, this plant is Cannabidiol or CBD. Although it is extracted from the same plant it is different from hemp seeds. CBD health products can be infused in the nutty and buttery taste of this fruit and make it healthier.
Note that CBD must be infused in a certain amount and used to a certain limit. Avocado is the most used in guacamole and here is CBD infused guacamole from one of the famous CBD recipes. Before using a CBD product make sure you are using ones with no more than 0.3 per cent THC content. Any product that has more than 0.3 per cent can cause psychoactive effects or makes you high, which is not ideal.
Why infuse CBD into your food?
Some people do not like CBD coffee or tea and other beverages. CBD oil can be cooked or used directly in salads as dressings. You get to have delicious food along with CBD health benefits at once. You can guacamole any time of the year as Avocados are annual fruits. you can easily avail them in tropical places.
What are the health benefits of Avocado?
Avocados are a great source of potassium, magnesium, pantothenic acid, carotene, vitamin B-6, C, K and E and omega-three fatty acids. However, they are nutritious and the main source is fat, so eat wisely.
This is a simple, Mexican recipe that takes about half an hour to prepare. Feel free to swap some ingredients as per your taste, restrictions, ingredient availability at home.
You will need:
- CBD oil (use it as per instructions as every brand is different)
- Three ripe avocados
- Jalapeno, two teaspoons (optional)
- Cayenne pepper, 1 pinch (optional)
- Different seasonings- salt, pepper. Add per your taste.
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Lemon, freshly squeezed
- Cilantro- quarter cup
- Tomato, 1 cup chopped
- Onion, 1 cup chopped
- Firstly, wash your avocados in a bowl. Cut them lengthwise in half, and pit them.
- Be careful while scraping, too deep will make the brown part of the bottom of the avocado come out.
- Next, add lime juice to your scraped avocado.
- Mash it using a fork, leave small chunks if you are unable to mash those.
- Now, add your CBD oil and mash again.
- Mince the garlic cloves and add to the mixture along with salt, pepper, cayenne. Mix well.
- Add the chopped onions, tomato and cilantro. Leave 2-3 loose leaves of cilantro for garnishing.
- If you like spicy food, add Jalapeno if you want to your guacamole.
- Stir the guacamole mixture well.
- Finally, you can taste the guacamole and check if you have to add any spice or lemon to increase the sourness.
Guacamole tastes good with tortilla chips, bread toast etc. This CBD food serves six people. If you want to save it for later, cover with a cling wrap and refrigerate. This way the shelf life of the mixture increases.
Note- Some CBD recipes require cooking of CBD oil. Make sure you do not overcook it else the oil will give away the smell of burnt leaves.
To sum up,
This annual fruit can be eaten just like that but not everyone will relish it. If you use a fancy term like guacamole there are chances one might get impressed. It is because guacamole is infused with spices to enhance the nutty and buttery taste.
Use CBD oil to infuse the hemp plant’s benefits while enjoying a delicious Mexican dip for a healthy toast or snack with tortilla chips. The psychoactive effects of THC are usually not ideal for many people. Check before buying.
So do try this recipe with a twist of CBD infusion. Happy snacking!